Since 1997, Mewborn & DeSelms, Attorneys at Law, has provided a broad range of legal services to businesses, families and individuals. Our attorneys have over 30 years’ combined experience handling North Carolina workers’ compensation claims. Clients can expect our attorneys and staff to be approachable, professional, well-prepared and efficient. We take pride in responding to our clients promptly and providing regular status reports.
Mewborn & DeSelms has handled all types of workers’ compensation claims and effectively represented clients at every stage. Our attorneys regularly appear on behalf of clients for medical and administrative hearings, mediations, Industrial Commission evidentiary hearings, Industrial Commission penalty hearings, and appeals to the Full Commission, North Carolina Court of Appeals and North Carolina Supreme Court.
Serving Jacksonville, Wilmington, New Bern, Greenville and Cities throughout North Carolina — from Raleigh to the Coast
In addition to representing clients in the courtroom, Mewborn & DeSelms advises small businesses on compliance with applicable North Carolina workers’ compensation law and negotiates efficient, cost-effective results for clients through mediation and informal settlement discussions.
For over 30 years, Mewborn & DeSelms has represented clients in a wide array of North Carolina workers’ compensation matters, including:
- Occupational disease claims such as asbestosis and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Back claims, head injuries and other common workplace injuries
- Disputes over medical treatment and ongoing benefits in accepted workers’ compensation cases
- Litigation of denied claims, including intoxication, impairment and employee fraud defenses
- Subrogation lien recovery
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Penalty hearings for uninsured employers
- Employment classification disputes involving subcontractors and independent contractors
No workers’ compensation matter is too big or too small for Mewborn & DeSelms, Attorneys at Law. From negotiating penalty reductions for noninsured employers to representing clients in complex Occupational disease litigation, our attorneys have the experience necessary to provide guidance in your case. For more information about our workers’ compensation practice, contact our attorneys directly. You may reach us online or by calling +1-910-225-4179.