Providing Guidance For Your Legal Issues
At Mewborn & DeSelms, Attorneys at Law, you work directly with experienced lawyers who understand
the complex needs of your case.
J. Timothy Wilson
- Workers’ Compensation
- Civil Litigation
- Wills and Estates
- Business and Employment Law
Tim grew up on a farm in Scotland Neck, North Carolina. He received his undergraduate degree from North Carolina State University and graduated from the Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law at Campbell University in 2007. For the first 11 years of his legal career, Tim practiced at Lewis & Roberts, PLLC in Raleigh. Focusing primarily on workers' compensation law, Tim earned partnership status at Lewis & Roberts before ultimately electing to return to his Eastern North Carolina roots in 2018. At that point, Tim joined Mewborn & DeSelms where his practice areas include workers' compensation, general civil litigation, and labor and employment disputes.
Tim has experience representing clients before the North Carolina Industrial Commission, the North Carolina Court of Appeals, the North Carolina Supreme Court, and the United States Department of Labor, as well as in North Carolina District and Superior courts and the North Carolina Office of Administrative Hearings. He is admitted to practice in both state and federal court.
- Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, Buies Creek, North Carolina
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, J.D.
- North Carolina State University
- Bachelor of Science
- Major: Business Management
- North Carolina, 2007
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina, 2014
Classes & Seminars
- Presented to the North Carolina League of Municipalities, HIPAA Compliance and Workers’ Compensation in North Carolina, 2018
- Attorney Panel for Annual Carolina Case Management Staff Meeting, 2018
- North Carolina Association of Self-Insurers’ Annual Conference, 2016
- Carolina Case Management Annual Conference, 2016
- Numerous Continuing Education Performances as Willie Wayne Warren
- 2019 Annual Workers’ Compensation CLE: Ethical Considerations in Workers’ Compensation Claims, 2019
- CAGC 2019 Human Resources and Safety Conference: Common Claim Management Pitfalls and Best Practices, 2019
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Onslow County Bar Association
Current Employment Position
- Lewis & Roberts, PLLC